Well Hot Tap
Controlled entry into areas of trapped pressure with no interruption of service
Hot tapping is a method that enables a connection to valves on wellheads, tubing, trees, or piping, to relieve trapped pressure, with no interruption of service.
The Boots & Coots Hot Tap unit is a small, yet heavy duty, industrial size design that permits the drilling of larger holes with extended stroke.
Well Hot Tap Features:
- Unit is small and portable
- Capable of drilling .5-inch to 2-inch hole
- Heavy duty clamps allow for pump-in or flow at full working pressure
- Pneumatic-driven with air compressor eliminates a hydraulic power pack
- Working pressure 10,000 psi
- Working temperature -20 to 350° F
- Wide variety of hot tap saddles ranging from 1.5 inches to 36 inches in diameter
- Units staged worldwide for rapid deployment