BUENOS AIRES – September 19, 2019 – Halliburton Company (NYSE: HAL) celebrates its 100th anniversary this year, including more than 60 years of service in Argentina. Since its operations began in the country in 1956, Halliburton Argentina has led local oil and gas industry development by introducing new techniques and technology to the region.
“This monumental milestone is a testament to the commitment and dedication of our past and present employees as well as our continued focus on superior customer service,” said Jorge Rivera, vice president of Halliburton Argentina. “We are excited to celebrate this achievement and the work of our Argentinian employees who are inspired by the past and leading into the future by bringing innovative technologies and services to the country.”
Halliburton has almost 2,000 employees in Argentina who, for more than 60 years, have consistently broken efficiency records and established new quality standards by implementing leading technology and offering integrated solutions to their customers.
For example, on September 23, 1959, three years after its establishment in the country, Halliburton Argentina performed the country’s first hydraulic fracturing operation in the Sierra Barrosa field, where 20,000 pounds of proppant was pumped. Since that time, Halliburton Argentina has had a key role in the development of conventional and unconventional fields and offshore projects in the country. Some of the Company’s milestones throughout its more than 60 years in Argentina include:
- Achieving the world record of extended reach oil wells in Tierra del Fuego in 1999.
- Building the first proppant warehouse and distribution facility in Argentina, located in La Meseta, Neuquén, dedicated to providing and mobilizing frac-sand to enhance efficiency rates in 2014.
- Building a new service center in Añelo, Neuquén in 2016. The center provides the Company with better proximity to the Vaca Muerta field and to its customers’ operations in the area.
- Opening the largest, most advanced barite processing plant in the Bahia Blanca port in 2017. The Company uses the facility to receive raw material and process it to produce barite under API standards.
- In 2018, Halliburton Argentina launched the first iCruise® Intelligent Rotary Steerable System run in Latin America with excellent results, drilling the longest lateral section in an unconventional 8 ½” Vaca Muerta well under the most extreme conditions.
With the same values that have sustained the Company for the past century, Halliburton is leading into the future with a continued focus on innovation, collaboration, and execution to deliver superior customer service in Argentina. As a recent example, this year we achieved a fracturing efficiency record with ten stages pumped in 24 hours, introducing a new efficiency paradigm to the local industry.
Halliburton is celebrating its 100-year anniversary through employee, customer and community events around the world. To learn more about the 100 years of Halliburton and the people and technologies that have built the company, visit hal100.com.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With 60,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, the company helps its customers maximize value throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction and completion, and optimizing production throughout the life of the asset. Visit the company's website at www.halliburton.com. Connect with Halliburton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.