HOUSTON – Oct. 24, 2018 – The 24th annual Halliburton Charity Golf Tournament raised more than $3.3 million for 26 nonprofit organizations across Houston and the U.S. – the highest amount raised since the tournament first teed-off over 20 years ago. To date, charitable contributions have totaled almost $16 million.
More than 440 golfers participated in the fundraiser held at The Clubs of Kingwood, and more than 150 sponsors supported the event.
"We are grateful for our sponsors whose generous contributions helped the tournament break another record this year. It is an honor to provide the funds to outstanding charities whose work makes a positive difference in the lives of thousands of individuals every day," said Jeff Miller, Halliburton president and CEO.
This year’s golf tournament beneficiaries are:
- Astros Foundation
- Be An Angel
- Books Between Kids
- Brighter Bites
- Buckner Family Hope Center at Houston/Aldine
- Casa de Esperanza de los Niños Inc.
- Communities In Schools of Houston, Inc
- Dress for Success Houston
- Dynamo Charities
- El Centro de Corazón
- Freedom Service Dogs of America
- Girls Incorporated of Houston
- HAWC (Houston Area Women's Center)
- High Sky Children's Ranch
- Houston Area Parkinson Society (HAPS)
- Houston Police Foundation
- Impact A Hero
- Kids' Meals, Inc.
- North Valley Hospital Foundation
- Panther Creek Inspiration Ranch, Inc.
- Safe Kids Worldwide
- The Children's Assessment Center
- The Council on Recovery
- The Montrose Center
- The Village Learning and Achievement Center
- Trees for Houston
Visit the Halliburton Charity Golf Tournament website for more information about the tournament and its sponsors.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, the Company helps its customers maximize value throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction and completion, and optimizing production throughout the life of the asset. Visit the company's website at www.halliburton.com. Connect with Halliburton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.