SperryConnect™ Well Intersection Service
Around the world, asset teams are continuously challenged to deliver sustainable development strategies, leverage emerging technologies, and maintain health, safety and environmental issues, all while pushing productivity limits and reducing costs. Complex geology such as gorges and rivers, environmentally sensitive areas and hostile subsea environments can strain even the hardiest budgets.
Sperry Drilling, the industry leader for well intersection and connection, offers the SperryConnect service that provides the ability to drill and reliably connect two wellbores toe-to-toe or toe-to-heel by utilizing existing, reliable technology, but in a new way. This technology can benefit many applications for various industries, not only hydrocarbon. Making it work requires the integration of extended-reach horizontal drilling techniques, surveying technology, magnetic ranging systems and the expertise to engineer these existing technologies as needed to make a precise connection between the two wellbores.
The SperryConnect service offers a new solution to address complex environments and real-world challenges, such as:
- Extend the reach of production or pipeline facilities in subsea environments where glaciers or icebergs scrape the ocean floor
- Safely traverse environmentally sensitive or politically hostile environments
- Bury above-ground oil and water pipelines perceived to be vulnerable to attack
- Environmental and governmental regulations prohibiting pipelines to be situated on the sea floor may be buried underground
- Connect offshore to onshore pipelines
- Cross river, gorges or other geographic barriers
- Produce from previously stranded resources