HR®-817 Cement Retarder
Halliburton’s HR®-817 cement retarder is a non-lignin, high-temperature retarder that has been North Sea approved (biodegradable, non-toxic, and does not bioaccumulate) and is compatible in a wide range of additive combinations in API cements. It is capable of retarding cement at temperatures between 220°F to 350°F (104°C to 177°C). HR-817 retarder is an economical alternative to commonly used high-temperature retarders. It demonstrates good strength development and linear response in the 220°-350°F (105°-177°C) temperature range. HR-817 retarder has good anti-gas-migration qualities and has shown long zero-gel times and short transition times. It is intended for primary cementing jobs of liner and production casing.
HR-817 cement retarder can provide the following advantages:
- Economical alternative to high-temperature retarders.
- Repeatable/predictable retardation.
- Short transition times.
- Good early strength development.
- Compatible with most additives, including fluid-loss additives, dispersants, salt, etc.
- Acceptable in environmentally sensitive regions.
- Effective at higher temperatures when extended with HR®-25 retarder.