Check Shot: Time/Depth Positioning Puts the Bit in the Seismic Section
Providing accurate time/depth correlation from Zero Offset or Normal Incident Check-Shot surveys gives an immediate confirmation of where you are in both time and depth, regardless of wellbore geometry, so you can quickly make informed drilling decisions and position the bit directly in the seismic section.
Additional data including Average, Interval, and RMS Velocity data provides the essential information for acoustic log calibration, and improves correlation of log derived synthetic seismogram to seismic. In addition, Check-Shot data provides Q estimation that enhances surface seismic processing.
- “True” Seismic Velocities
- Accurate time/depth correlation
- Wellbore position verification
- Improved velocity analysis for surface seismic processing
- Improves correlation of log derived synthetic seismogram to seismic
- Q (Transmission loss) estimation for surface seismic processing enhancement