Early and Rapid Well/Field Development
Timely, fast, optimized decisions add up to value-added business solutions
Achieving early and rapid well or field development involves addressing a multitude of complex issues across multiple disciplines. They include:
- Formulating the right field development plan to save substantial capital and development time
- Determining the hydrocarbon in place
- Establishing the best overall basin plan to maximize the most productive time
- Solving the major overall field development issues
This involves collaboration across disciplines and geographic locations, data aggregation and distribution, standardized processes for planning and execution, utilization of expertise, acceleration of personnel training, reducing costs for scenarios including NPT (nonproductive time), and developing both HSE (health, safety and environment) and service quality work processes.
The overarching answer is to individually optimize—and then seamlessly integrate—all technologies, solutions, work processes, workflows and business processes for maximum impact on the reservoir to be developed. By combining digital connectivity, foundation technologies, integrated workflows and business processes, the Digital Asset® service helps get critical information to the proper people—thereby allowing multidisciplinary collaboration without time or geographic limitations.
From the foundation to the top, Halliburton’s Digital Asset® service helps facilitate it all:
- Manages the data for automatically generating field development scenarios (including target generation, path planning and facility requirements/positioning) with common cross discipline 3D visualization and collaborative environments
- Delivers rapid seismic processing and pre-stack data assimilation to permit quick visualization of the tight gas layers and faulting (which will, in turn, allow for overall better well placement drainage planning)
- Integrates technical evaluations with business decisions
Helping to facilitate early and rapid well/field development, Halliburton’s QuikLook® Reservoir modeling:
- Incorporates information on one or more wells in a tight gas environment, including the benefits of fracturing to help in determining the gas in place and the potential gas production curve that will come out of the well