WELLPLAN™ Cementing-OptiCem Cementing Software
We are pleased to announce the launch of our new Landmark website. You will be redirected to the new location shortly.
Description | Features | System Requirements
Improve the likelihood of a successful cement job with Landmark’s WELLPLAN™ Cementing-OptiCem Cementing Software.
This application delivers the technology to design and simulate the optimum cement job, regardless of wellbore complexity or type of program. Jointly developed with Halliburton using its cementing technology, the Cementing-OptiCem program allows users to identify potential difficulties and tune the cementing design before the pumping begins. This increases the likelihood of a successful operation.
WELLPLAN Cementing-OptiCem technology is deployed on Landmark’s Engineer’s Data Model™ (EDM), the platform for a fully integrated suite of well engineering and data analysis products. EDM provides one-time data entry, a system to promote best practices, and an environment for managing and accessing operational knowledge and lessons learned.
Save time and money
By identifying potential difficulties and tune the cementing design before the pumping begins, using Cementing-OptiCem tools increases the likelihood of a successful, cost-effective operation.
Ensure well integrity and maintain well control by adjusting pump rates to keep fluids below fracturing pressures and above reservoir pressures.
Optimized engineering workflows
“Plug and play” compatibility with other WELLPLAN and EDM applications enables comprehensive engineering workflows from a single application. The result is an optimized engineering environment and enhanced efficiency.
Rapid engineering studies via OpenWells™ data access
Integration with Landmark’s OpenWells rig site data collection and reporting system enables engineers to directly create a WELLPLAN case, automatically populate the case with pertinent field and rig data, then use that information to rapidly undertake engineering studies.
Integration with other EDM applications
Provides common data navigation with other WELLPLAN and EDM applications using the Well Explorer. EDM enables sharing of directional profiles with wells created in COMPASS™, Landmark's industry leading directional planning application.
Standalone or multi-user environment
Operates in a standalone or in a fully concurrent multi-user network environment with powerful user management and data locking features. Built to scale from a single user application to a corporate engineering system.
Predict circulating pressures
Predicts circulating pressures at any time during the job, even during "freefall" when the well is on vacuum, and surface pressures indication is zero. Monitor pressures at any and every depth throughout the entire job.
Calculate centralizer placement
Calculates centralizer placement using any combination of holes, pipe sizes, and centralizers of one or more types. Given desired standoff, the program calculates centralizer placement; given stabilizer placement, the program calculates the resulting standoff.
Realistic hole descriptions
Gives realistic hole descriptions by importing caliper log information. View the effects of hole enlargement/collapse on the planned operation.
More accurate friction calculations
Calculates eccentric pressures and eccentricity profiles to provide more accurate friction calculations, top of cement calculations, and centralizer placement.
Foam cement job design
Enables foam cement job design and review. Benefits of the foam cement design can be evaluated, including strength to density ratio, reduced hydrostatic, displacement properties, elasticity, compressibility, etc.
Evaluate, troubleshoot, and plan future jobs by comparing the pre-job simulation to actual job results.
Strong analysis tools
Combines multiple cementing functions to dramatically decrease data entry time and increase the accuracy and quality of the job. New graphic displays provide visual insight into what is happening at each moment of the simulation.
Use slide bars to analyze information such as ECD, flow rates, pressure density, viscosity, and foam quality change at any point in the wellbore or any time during the job.
Valuable and versatile functionality
- Integrated wellbore simulation program for most types of cementing
- Integrated and flexible units of measurement throughout
- Dynamic modeling with minimum data entry
- Centralizer design flexibility including any type of centralizer in any combination; any pipe size; any hole size
- Complete flexibility in fluid section:
- Automatic entry of fluid characteristics drawn from an extensive laboratoryderived rheology database
- Choice of fluid placement based on volume, top of fluid, length, number of sacks, etc.
- Viscosity profiles based on temperature for more accurate simulation
- Allows importation of caliper logs for more accurate calculations
- Wellbore temperature profile, simple or complex
- Integrated gas-flow potential calculations to help prevent gas channeling while cement sets
- Equivalent Circulating Density and Pump Rate plots for two zones of interest (fracture and reservoir)
- Includes automatic rate redesign function for maximum displacement efficiencies
- Wellhead pressure graphs that include the effects of "surface equipment" and so relate directly to pump pressure
- Dynamic Fluid Position graphic that replays the simulation by time and depth
- Calculates gas concentrations for foam cementing
- Freefall Calculations table shows predicted surface and bottom-hole pressures
- OTC file transfer capabilities share data between Halliburton OptiCem and WELLPLAN Cementing-OptiCem
The following plotting features assist in cementing analysis:
- Max ECD and Min Hydrostatic versus Depth
- Eccentricity Profile
- Final Hydrostatic Profile
- Hydrostatic Curves on the ECD plot
- 3D ECD\Time\Depth
back to top
Minimum Software Requirements
Engineer’s Data Model™
Microsoft® Database Engine (MSDE™)
Oracle® ODBC Driver
Microsoft® Windows® XP™ Professional 32-bit
Microsoft® Windows® Vista™ Enterprise 32-bit
Engineer’s Data Model™ (EDM™)
WELLPLAN™ BHA Drillahead
WELLPLAN™ Critical Speed Analysis
WELLPLAN™ Torque/Drag Analysis