Nitrogen Services for Pipeline and Process Applications
Offering a Wide Variety of Cost-Effective and Efficient Nitrogen Services
The unique properties of liquid and gaseous nitrogen offer a wide range of capabilities to both onshore and offshore oil, gas and petrochemical industries.
Halliburton's Nitrogen Services applications include:
- Nitrogen Cooling - assists in the cooling process and saves valuable hours of shutdown time.
- Nitrogen Drying - an effective technique in most drying operations and provides an inert atmosphere for long-term perservation.
- Nitrogen Foam Inerting - biodegradable process that enables hot work to be carried out on hydrocarbon handling systems in complete safety.
- Nitrogen Gas Lifting - used in well applications to reduce the weight of fluid in the wellbore.
- Nitrogen Mothballing - process used to protect systems from corrosion or degradation for a period of time.
- Nitrogen Pipe Freezing - compatible with cryogenic liquids, liquid nitrogen can be used as the direct cooling medium.
- Nitrogen Pressure Testing - used in place of hydrostatic testing, components and systems can be tested only after a risk analysis is performed.
- Nitrogen Purging - an industry standard technique for the replacement of a hazardous or undesirable atmosphere with an inert dry atmosphere.