Azimuthal Lithodensity (ALD™) Sensor
The ALD™ sensor combines the existing features and proven reliability of the SLD™ (stabilized lithodensity) tool with azimuthal binning of data, an independent acoustic standoff sensor, and improved detectors and electronics. These features not only provide density and Pe logs with improved accuracy and precision, but also valuable formation dip and borehole shape information for geosteering and hole quality applications.
- Accurate density and Pe logs, even in enlarged boreholes or with bi-center bits
- Formation imaging for:
- Structural dip in high-angle wells
- Borehole breakout, washout and spiraling
- Pore pressure
- Gas detection (with neutron porosity)
- Formation mechanical and seismic properties (with the BAT™ sonic tool)
SOLAR™: this sensor also exists in the high temperature/high pressure version. Please refer to the SOLAR datasheet for exact specifications.