Optimize Production in Heavy Oil Reservoirs
Halliburton's sSteam™ valve helps optimize production in Cyclic Steam Stimulation (CSS) and Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) applications in heavy oil reservoirs. The valve allows uniform or selective placement of steam along the entire length of the horizontal section of the wellbore, and is designed to handle the high temperatures and moderate pressures associated with steam injection. Actuation of the sSteam valve is controlled remotely through the use of hydraulic lines connected directly to Halliburton's Direct Hydraulics downhole control system on the surface.
A specially developed hydraulic control fluid is used to operate the valve. This hydraulic control fluid retains its desired viscosity when subjected to the extreme temperatures of the CSS/SAGD environment.
In the event of steam breakthrough, the sSteam valve can be selectively shut off, allowing efficient hydrocarbon recovery without the threat of injected steam being produced or the need to shut down production to cool the reservoir.
- Place steam uniformly or selectively across the wellbore
- Place uniform steam chamber under variant reservoir and steam quality conditions
- Prevent steam breakthrough by selectively shutting off a valve
- 500º F(260ºC) temperature rating
- 3,000 psi working pressure
- High-temperature control line fluid
- Metal-to-metal seal