Halliburton Energy Services, Inc. (“Halliburton”) is willing to make available electronic file downloads containing images of Halliburton’s logos solely for purposes of identifying Halliburton. However, misuse of the logos can lead to confusion and damage the value of the logos. Therefore, to ensure that the logos are used correctly for legitimate purposes, downloading and use of these image files is conditioned upon acceptance of the following license.
(1) Subject to all the terms listed below, Halliburton grants to the organization or person identified below (the “Licensee”) a limited, non-exclusive right to download certain files made available by Halliburton containing images of Halliburton logos (“Logos”) and to use the Logos solely for the purpose of identifying Halliburton in connection with legitimate news reporting by Licensee and its journalists in traditional print media, on television and on the Web (“News Reporting”).
Licensee will not use the Logos for any purpose or activity other than those expressly stated above, and will never use the Logos on or in connection with advertising, marketing, promoting, or distributing goods or services, including books. The forgoing license does not include any rights or license to use any name or mark other than the Logos.
(2) Licensee will not alter or modify the Logos, their files, any other names or marks of Halliburton or its related entities, or combine the Logos with other marks, names, images or text.
(3) All use of names and marks of Halliburton and its related entities, including the Logos, by Licensee will conform to the Halliburton style guidelines on proper use of trademarks in effect at the time of use. Current style guidelines are found at this link: Halliburton Logo Guidelines
(4) Licensee will not transfer or permit to be transferred copies of the downloaded Logos to anyone other than Licensee.
(5) Licensee will not make any use of the Logos or any other mark or name of Halliburton or its related entities in a manner that infringes, dilutes or otherwise damages the trademark rights of Halliburton or its related companies.
(6) Any use of Halliburton marks and names, including the Logos, that do not comply with the terms of this license is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate termination of this license without notice, and misuse could result in legal action against you. Upon termination of the license, Licensee will immediately cease all use of Logos and any files derived from them, and where practicable withdraw and destroy any materials in which the Logos have been used.
(7) This license is personal to Licensee, and may not be assigned, sublicensed or transferred by Licensee. This license will be interpreted according to the laws of the state of Texas and the United States, as a contract made and performed within the State of Texas.
(8) HALLIBURTON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, REGARDING THE LOGOS. LICENSEE WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS HALLIBURTON, ITS RELATED ENTITIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND REPRESENTATIVES, FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, LOSSES, AND COSTS ARISING FROM OR CAUSED BY LICENSEE’S USE OF THE LOGOS.
The Logos may be downloaded by supplying the identifying information requested below and clicking on the “Accepted” button to agree to the terms and conditions of this license. You will then be taken to the download page.
By accepting this license, you, the person supplying the information or downloading the Logos, represent that the information given below is true and correct, that you have read the terms and conditions of the license, that the Logos are being downloaded solely for purposes of using them as permitted by this license for News Reporting, and that you are authorized to accept this license on behalf the Licensee identified below. If you do not agree to the foregoing license, including all of its terms and conditions, and provide the information requested below, you are prohibited from downloading any Logos or other images from this web site.
* Mandatory Field