Halliburton now offers the MaxFire™ TCP electronic firing system, an ultrahigh-pressure 40,000-psi (276-MPa), fully programmable electronic firing system. This unmatched technology is also capable of low pressure-cycle operation, and allows for immediate or delayed detonation.
As more challenging and complex wells are explored, this is the kind of flexibility needed for downhole, pressure-operated tools. Halliburton’s MaxFire system provides a safe, precise, and adaptable firing system that can initiate a gun system through a predetermined sequence of events. The MaxFire system may be used for perforating, cutting, backoff, and setting services. With this flexibility, it can be conveyed on coiled tubing, slickline, or jointed pipe.
Providing maximum reliability, the Halliburton MaxFire system uses the top-fire RED® Detonator, an advanced explosive device used to initiate perforating guns. The design features of the top-fire RED detonator provide significantly improved safety characteristics over conventional resistorized devices. With RF-safe characteristics, this allows wellsite activities to continue uninterrupted while perforating.
With customizable programming, the MaxFire system provides the total completion procedure flexibility needed for today’s challenges.
- Not affected by pressure testing or other pressure transients
- Lower actuating pressures prevent damage to lower-rated tools
- Field-programmable job timer helps reduce rig time and costs
- Customizable programming provides completion procedure flexibility
- Additional safeguards include purely mechanical pressure and temperature safety switch designed to prevent premature detonations
- Operates in ultrahigh-pressure environments
- Firing sequence can be reset or halted at any time with controlled-pressure cycles
- System records firing event for confirmation