Accurate. Fast. Innovative
Hydrocarbon fluid identification, porosity characterization, and permeability are necessary input data for a strategy to determine intervals for drillstem tests and robust resource estimations. The gradient and samples obtained from formation testing are crucial in determining thickness, quality, and connectivity of the hydrocarbon zone. And, in turn, properly assess the commercial viability of the well.
Formation testing tools help:
- Determine formation pressures
- Establish pressure gradients
- Identify reservoir fluid type
- Locate fluid contacts
- Calculate formation fluid mobility
- Collect representative reservoir fluid samples
- Analyze reservoir fluids in situ
- Describe the reservoir architecture
Halliburton offers a complete portfolio of formation testers for full characterization in any environment.