MRIL®-Prime Magnetic Resonance Imaging Logging Service
Omni-directional total porosity, permeability, and hydrocarbon typing
Magnetic resonance measures key factors that influence a well’s ability to produce commercial quantities of oil or gas. With an extremely high signal-to-noise ratio, our MRIL®-Prime service is engineered to look 360 degrees around the borehole.
Maximum value – single logging pass
Combining our nine measurement volumes with our advanced acquisition and signal-processing methods, all nine measurements can operate continuously and independently. This allows each sensitive volume to provide continual acquisition of fully polarized, full-spectrum data. What that means for you—faster logging, no idle time, and all applications accomplished in a single pass.
- Measure total fluid-filled porosity, unaffected by mineralogy
- Especially in mixed mineralogy reservoirs and organic shales
- Determine which fluids will or will not produce
- Identify low-resistivity contrast pay where there are high irreducible water volumes
- Integrate with wireline and LWD sensors to produce a complete reservoir assessment
- Access reservoir fluids with a full range of 2D and 3D answer products, including:
- Fluid contacts
- Fluid types
- Changes in oil viscosity
- Permeability estimation
- Pore-size classification