Hostile WaveSonic® Tool (HWST)
Extreme environment, ultra-reliable cross-dipole acoustic logging
Our small-diameter Hostile WaveSonic® Tool is the only high-temperature (HT) cross-dipole sonic tool in the industry capable of operating in your most extreme environments. The 3⅛-in. tool performs in environments up to 500°F (260°C) and 30,000 psi, and the 2¾-in. tool in up to 25,000 psi. And, it can be bundled with our HEAT™ Suite tools. If high temperature is your challenge, this service is the clear choice for your next HT evaluation.
- Long-spaced monopole and broadband dipole sources for sonic slowness measurements in both near and far fields
- Broadband 8-level, quad-receiver array for high-quality waveform data; all 128 waveforms for each set of transmitter firings are recorded at the surface for advanced waveform processing
- Co-located X and Y dipole, low-frequency tuned bender-bar sources provide a clean source signal:
- No depth shifting of waveform data and allows full receiver array resolution for anisotropy analysis
- Drillpipe-conveyed operations are possible