Using 3-component downhole geophones, Halliburton refraction salt proximity methods can help operators drill around salt formations, locate "attic oil" deposits, and guide directional drilling to potential accumulations of hydrocarbons found up-dip from producing horizons and trapped against the salt.
- Simple and robust methodology
- Provides an accurate 3D description of the salt flank using X,Y, Z salt exit points in 3D space
- Potential to save costs by avoiding troublesome salt drilling
- Combined 3D Salt Proximity & Offset VSP
- Provides assurances and redundancy of the salt flank interpretation
- Reflected energy off up-dip sands terminates at the salt-sediment boundary
- Reflected energy off the salt flank confirms Salt Proximity Exit Point results and links the truncations of the sediment reflections