Halliburton’s advanced fluid technology has resulted in an optimized borate fracturing fluid with high viscosity and as much as 33% less gel concentration. The borate gel exhibits outstanding shear stability as well as excellent proppant transport and suspension characteristics.
The Delta Frac fracturing fluid system represents a step change in fluid capabilities for wells up to 200º F. In thousands of treatments, Delta Frac service fluids show significant fluid efficiency improvements and treatments yield higher production rates.
- By requiring less polymer loading to attain the required viscosity, Delta Frac service fluid helps reduce formation damage and achieves clean, complete breaks.
- Additionally, Delta Frac service provides superior retained conductivity.
- Designed for stimulating wells with bottomhole temperatures as high as 200º F, the service is deployed in conjunction with Halliburton’s proven enzyme and oxidizing breakers to provide the cleanest, most complete fluid breaks possible in a wide variety of well conditions.
- Halliburton’s HPH™ breaker supports effective Delta Frac service treatments up to approximately 140º F, with high pH stability for effective and economical results at pH 8 and higher.
- For wells operating at mid-temperatures, Delta Frac service is also advantageously used in conjunction with an oxidizing breaker. ViCon™ NF breaker yields effective results at temperatures above 170º F.