Hybor fluid is a delayed borate-crosslinked fluid using guar or hydroxypropyl guar (HPG) gelling agent. Hybor fluid can be prepared using fresh water or seawater, given measures for proper pH control. Hybor fluid is recommended for wells with bottomhole static temperatures up to 300°F.
Hybor fluid has these advantages:
- High-viscosity fluid
- Can be run semi-continuously or batch-mixed
- Crosslinked fluid reheals after shearing
- Suitable for both guar and HPG gelling agents
- Crosslinked-gel filter cake cleans up with water production
- Can be foamed using nitrogen