EquiSeal™ Conformance Service
Custom water and gas shutoff system for horizontal or highly deviated wellbores
EquiSeal™ conformance service is specifically designed to help control unwanted fluid production—water or gas—in horizontal or highly deviated wellbores, helping operators maximize the efficiency and recovery of their assets. The stress-dependent rheological properties of EquiSeal service provide rapid viscosity increase during placement, allowing precise placement of the system in the targeted area. Once it is strategically placed in the zone to be shut off, the reservoir temperature activates in-situ gelation to plug the permeability of the treated area, thereby limiting undesired fluid flow. EquiSeal service is applicable to different completion types—open-hole, stand-alone screen, open- and cased-hole gravel pack, and others.
The sealant technology is the key
EquiSeal™ conformance sealant is based on a proven polymer gel system combined with proprietary rheological modifiers. EquiSeal and EquiSeal NWB sealants use an organically crosslinked polymer system that can provide unprecedented sealant capabilities for controlling unwanted fluid production.
- Allows precise placement of the gel system in the targeted area due to its stress-dependent rheological properties
- Applicable in a wide range of temperatures, from 140°F (60°C) to 250°F (121°C)
- Resistant to H2S, CO2, and acid environments
- Provides a predictable, controllable crosslinking reaction time from liquid to gel state for adequate placement—treatment is insensitive to formation fluids, lithology, and heavy metals
- Can be tailored for deep penetration into the formation or to bridge off at the formation face
- Backed by Halliburton reservoir-focused conformance control engineering and technology