Quasar Pulse™ Extreme-Temperature MWD/LWD Service
With the Quasar Pulse™ Extreme-Temperature MWD/LWD service, Sperry Drilling extends the reach of current M/LWD sensors to temperatures of 392°F/200°C and pressures of 25,000 psi (172 MPa). This service provides reliable measurements of well trajectory, borehole pressure, drillstring vibration and natural gamma ray emissions in the most extreme downhole environments.
The rugged Quasar Pulse sensors are designed to withstand downhole vibration and are rigorously tested to ensure operational reliability, delivering exceptional performance in the most challenging HP/HT applications. Without the Quasar Pulse service, the operator has no option but to drill extreme-temperature reservoirs "blind", increasing the associated drilling risks.
- Single integrated collar that includes sensors which are rated up to 392°F (200°C) and 25,000 psi (172 MPa):
- Gamma Ray
- Same measurement performance as standard tools
- Improved reliability in Solar® (175°C) temperature range over existing tools
- Access reserves inaccessible with standard tools
- Potential for geosteering in high-temperature reservoirs
- Real-time monitoring of down-hole conditions, when accurate knowledge of pressures and temperatures is critical
- Reduce costs by avoiding the need to “stage” tools in the hole or use mud chillers to keep them cool