Azimuthal Lithodensity (ALD™) Sensor
Providing high-quality density measurements and formation images
The ALD™ LWD tool features high-quality measurements of formation density and photoelectric (Pe) factor for reliable reservoir evaluation. These measurements are combined with azimuthal binning of data and an acoustic stand-off sensor to provide images of the formations surrounding the borehole, from which formation dips can be estimated, and borehole size and shape measurements for early decision-making in geosteering and hole-quality applications. The density and Pe measurements from different tool orientations are segregated, so that accurate measurements can be obtained, even if the borehole is enlarged.
- Accurate density and Pe logs, even in enlarged boreholes or with bi-center bits
- Formation imaging for:
- Structural dip in high-angle wells
- Borehole breakout, washout and spiraling
- Pore pressure
- Gas detection (with neutron porosity)
- Formation mechanical and seismic properties (with the QBAT™ or XBAT™ sonic tool)
ALD™ Service Benefits
- Available in the widest range of borehole sizes in the industry, including the new 9-1/2-inch ALD, suitable for borehole diameters of 14-1/2 inches or larger.
- Reduces cost and time by eliminating wireline conveyance even in SOLAR® conditions
- Optimizes wellbore placement through geosteering
- Reduces geological uncertainty and refines the earth model by measuring structural dip in real time
SOLAR® Conditions: this service is available in a high–temperature and/or high-pressure version of up to 347°F (175°C) and 30,000 psi (207 MPa).