AFR™ Azimuthal Focused Resistivity Sensor
Delivers high-resolution borehole images while drilling
The AFR™ sensor from Sperry Drilling services delivers high resolution imaging for a new level of insight into your reservoir. The AFR sensor provides four types of data:
- Omni-directional, laterolog-type resistivity data
- Electrical images of the formation
- At-bit resistivity (ABR) measurement.
AFR Sensor Benefits
- Gain insight into your geology with high-resolution images illuminating fractures, thin beds, and dip
- Position your wells precisely in the pay zone by visualizing AFR sensor data in the StrataSteer® 3D geosteering model
- Improve interpretation with accurate resistivity values in highly conductive muds and high formation resistivities
- Make real-time decisions confidently with at-bit measurements alerting you of fluid type and lithology changes
The AFR sensor belongs to the new generation of logging-while-drilling sensors from Sperry.
The New Generation Delivers:
- Deeper reading, higher resolution LWD sensors
- Faster telemetry - through data compression, customizable data streams, and full IntelliServ® Network compatibility
- Greater reliability - through component integration, meaning fewer electrical contact points at risk
The new generation sensors enable new understanding of formations not even possible with legacy systems.