ADR™ Azimuthal Deep Resistivity Sensor
Optimize wellbore placement, maximize production and extend field life.
The ADR™ Azimuthal Deep Resistivity sensor comes together with the StrataSteer® 3D geosteering service to provide a fully compensated, multiple-depth resistivity measurement, petrophysical evaluation and stratigraphic navigation solution in one package.
ADR Sensor Benefits
- Patented design acquires measurements in 32 discrete directions and 14 different depths of investigation to determine distance and direction to multiple bed boundaries
- Deeper readings improve reaction time, allowing for increased drilling speed with less risk of drillout
- Fully compensated petrophysical-quality resistivity measurements and deep reading geosteering measurements combined in one tool to minimize BHA length
- Azimuthal readings provide for derivation of anisotropy values (Rh and Rv) and dip
The ADR sensor is the first of the new generation of logging-while-drilling sensors from Sperry.
The New Generation Delivers:
- Deeper reading, higher resolution LWD sensors
- Faster telemetry - through data compression, customizable data streams, and full IntelliServ® Network compatibility
- Greater reliability - through component integration, meaning fewer electrical contact points at risk
The new generation sensors enable new understanding of formations not even possible with legacy systems.