Geo-Pilot® GXT Rotary Steerable System
Setting Direction with the Pilot™ Fleet
Part of Sperry Drilling services' Pilot™ fleet of automated drilling systems, the Geo-Pilot® GXT rotary steerable system establishes a new benchmark for performance drilling.
Delivering increased horsepower and revolutions per minute directly to the bit, the Geo-Pilot GXT system overcomes challenging formations while reducing the occurrence of stick-slip. The system gives you the ability to achieve higher penetration rates while minimizing casing wear by decoupling the bit speed from the drill string speed.
The Geo-Pilot GXT system delivers this new level of drilling performance by integrating a GeoForce® motor power section between the rotary steerable system and the LWD system. This next-generation positive displacement motor technology produces more than twice the horsepower of conventional power sections.
- Performance drilling
- Extreme extended reach drilling
- Harsh environment drilling
- High cost drilling
- Bit speed-sensitive formations
- More energy is directly applied to the bit improving cutting efficiency and rate of penetration while also overcoming stick-slip
- Decoupling of the bit from the drill string reduces transmission of vibrations to LWD and other BHA components, improving life
- Drill string rotary speed can be reduced to minimize casing wear while bit speed is optimized for best drilling performance
The Geo-Pilot GXT rotary steerable system is fully integrated with all Sperry Drilling LWD sensors and the InSite® rig information management system to provide a complete real-time drilling and formation evaluation package.