Drilling conventional, horizontal and complex wells safely, efficiently and economically in today's drilling environment requires the utmost in expertise and technology. Sperry Drilling services has applied its experience gained as a market leader in drilling services to the development of the SperryDrill® positive displacement motor.
SperryDrill motors deliver superior performance and excellent reliability under a wide range of environments. With flexible design configurations suitable for everything from conventional fluid drilling to air drilling, from standard to high temperature and high pressure environments, from long to short radius, the SperryDrill fleet of motors delivers optimum performance in every application.
SperryDrill motors can be further configured to suit any drilling environment, balancing the power section with the right lower-end bearing assemblies to enhance performance and reliability.
The SperryDrill/GeoForce XL and XLS series motors are the most powerful and reliable motors in the industry today.
- XL Series motors – higher power, higher torque motor with a rugged mud lubricated bearing assembly
- XLS Series motors – higher power, higher torque motor with a rugged sealed bearing assembly
The XL and XLS series motors deliver unsurpassed performance and reliability including 80 percent more power, 65 percent more torque load, 50 percent increase on operating differential pressure and shorter bit-to-bend distance for improved build rates.
- Higher power/higher torque motor for better performance
- Rugged, reliable bearing packs
- More consistent power delivery to the bit while retaining power in reserve
- More suitable motor for unconventional drilling, e.g. air drilling, underbalanced
- Sealed bearings provide for reliable use for all circulating fluid types
- Consistently achieve over 200 hours downhole