GeoForce motors can be configured to perform reliably in a wide range of drilling applications and environments, including: directional, vertical, horizontal, extended-reach, short radius, intermediate radius, air/foam, underbalanced, shale, casing, high-pressure/high-temperature, and abrasive, and are compatible with synthetic-, oil-, and water-based mud systems.
Delivering 65 percent more torque per unit length than conventional elastomer stator technology, GeoForce motors feature a contoured steel stator with an even-layer lining of specially-engineered elastomer that allows for higher operating temperatures and longer, more productive runs. GeoForce motors reduce stalling, lessen damaging stick-slip, withstand higher temperatures, are more resistant to fluid interaction, and deliver higher ROP.
Features of the GeoForce Motor
Benefits of the GeoForce Motor
- Even-layer stator technology reduces heat generation and retention
- Unique power-unit stator elastomer lining supported by proﬁled steel stator lobes, which provide a more effective rotor-to-stator seal, resulting in more efficient power production
- High differential pressure capability (250 psi/stage)
- Provides greater torque output than conventional motors
- Delivers more consistent RPM and torque, increasing ROP and bit life
- Operates in higher operating temperature (350°F/175°C)
- Reduces failures associated with chemical-induced swelling by having more resistance than conventional stators