As new oilfield discoveries decline, how can you effectively use sidetrack drilling to drain the hydrocarbon reserves left in your mature field?
An industry standard, sidetrack drilling is a remedial operation used to capture additional hydrocarbon reserves, not reached by regular drilling. Sidetrack operations involve creating a new section of the wellbore. This type of drilling is often costly, can result in NPT and is potentially hazardous.
Halliburton's Optimized Drilling Performance (ODP) process is an industry step change. It provides unequalled collaboration and integrates every aspect of drilling. It uses a workflow that delivers better planning, preparation, mobilization, execution and knowledge capture–adding value to all operations.
For more than a decade, we've worked to refine and match the Geo-Pilot rotary steerable system (RSS) with advancing bit technology to produce a robust slimhole RSS. The combination of GeoPilot slimhole RSS and Geosteering for the digital asset solution can help operators optimize their wellbore placement, including re-entries application. The Geo-Pilot® 5200 series rotary steerable system deflects a rotating driveshaft off center to cause bit tilting, thus pointing the bit in the desired direction. The incorporation of the Geo-Pilot extended-gauge bit into the 3-point geometry yields faster rate of penetration, lower vibration and superior hole quality.
Halliburton offers many innovative technologies to overcome mature field challenges including:
- Continuous Rotating Orienter (CRO) for Coiled Tubing Drilling / Through Tubing Rotary Drilling
- Conventional rig operations with threaded tubular drilling, also includes new BHA orienter device (CRO)
- Sperry coil tubing BHA - capable of both directional and straight hole drilling
- Coil tubing drilling capabilities include a complete downhole system for drilling directional and horizontal wells combining with Sperry MWD / LWD tools and SperryDrill® motors
- Small diameter SperryDrill and GeoForce motors used with Through Tubing Rotary Drilling and Coil Tubing Drilling systems, they can provide well extensions and sidetracks, producing benefits in reduced drilling time, completions running/setting and production enhancement
Slimhole Motor Applications
- Slimhole SperryDrill and GeoForce motors can be used in a variety of applications including Long, Medium and Short Radius Drilling in existing wells for workover operations, reentries, or new development drilling.
- Small SperryDrill and GeoForce motors can be used with slimhole drillpipe or coiled tubing to drill directionally in sidetrack operations to drainage additional hydrocarbons.