Deepwater exploration and development presents some of the industry’s biggest challenges—and greatest potential rewards. This environment, defined as water depths greater than 1,000 ft (400 m) demand huge investments in capital and long-term commitment. With an extensive track record in deepwater plays worldwide, Halliburton’s experience and expertise helps our customers meet the challenging technical demands of deepwater projects while understanding – and minimizing – the associated risks.
The challenge is to acquire accurate information needed to minimize the risks in a timely, efficient way. We reduce uncertainty through:
- Applying advanced seismic, geologic, petrophysical and reservoir analysis to fully investigate a prospect’s source, seal, trap reservoir and production potential.
- Turning leads into drillable prospects requires a solid understanding of geologic, engineering and economic risks.
- Our data management software and services are designed to help your company make better investment decisions by providing your asset teams with relevant, accessible and timely information.
- Risk mitigation and contingency planning for deepwater challenges
- Innovative new technologies that safely save weeks of expensive rig time
- Resourceful competent experts who combine global experience with local knowledge.
Reducing uncertainty requires safe operations at all times. Without safety, there can be no certainty. Therefore, a critical component of the Halliburton deepwater solution is a high, consistent level of HSE performance.