Intercept® Retrievable Bridge Plug
A reliable barrier in the casing
The Intercept® retrievable bridge plug (RBP) is a gas-tight, well-suspension plug ideal for dual-barrier applications. Wellbores lacking a gas-tight seal can mean loss of control and an undesirable release of hydrocarbons that pose safety and environmental hazards. The Intercept RBP prevents these hazards and complies with ISO 14310 and API 11D1 V0 standards for wellbore isolation.
Reliable in environments ranging from inland waters to ultra-deep water, the Intercept RBP sets with simple workstring operation. It consists of packer-type sealing elements, bi-directional mechanical slips, and a ball valve, which can be opened and closed without pipe rotation. It requires no hang weight to set, eliminating the time to deploy drillpipe beforehand, yet it can handle significant pipe weight, reducing trip time and costs while enhancing safety. Additionally, the tool requires no left-hand rotation, thus reducing the risk of unintentionally disconnecting the workstring or bottomhole assembly.
Ensuring stability and safety during:
- Test and maintenance of the blowout preventer
- Maintenance of the wellhead
- Testing the casing
- Short- and long-term well suspension
- Emergency suspension due to weather or adverse conditions
- Complies with ISO 14310 and API 11D1 V0 standards for wellbore isolation
- Quick and easy operating procedure
- Requires no left-hand rotation
- Requires no tripping tailpipe, reducing rig time and cost