Halliburton developed the Tuned Solutions job design procedure with two goals in mind:
- The primary goal is to provide customers with innovative cementing solutions tuned to their specific challenges.
- Concurrently, Tuned Solutions should deliver a quality of service that will be a differentiating factor for us within the industry.
The Tuned Solutions system is the culmination of over 85 years of Halliburton’s continuously evolving cementing technology. Each of the playbooks Halliburton has developed from this experience contains five elements:
- Properly designed job plan – Cementing procedures developed to provide a sound job design, including success metrics and all indicators that provide insight into job quality. To be effective, the plan should be jointly supported by the operator and Halliburton.
- Optimized slurry designs – Slurries used for various applications are designed specifically to withstand both immediate and long-term challenges, and should match the customer’s needs and goals.
- Properly trained people – Employees should possess the expected competencies and Halliburton should provide the methodologies to obtain any knowledge or experience that may be lacking.
- Well-maintained equipment – Readily verifiable planned maintenance must be funded sufficiently to ensure that the entire Halliburton fleet works as intended.
- Properly executed job – With a properly designed job, optimal slurry design, properly trained people, and well-maintained equipment, the likelihood of a properly executed job is maximized.