HR®-6L retarder is a 40% solution of a chemically modified lignosulfonate. It can be used to retard all API classes of cement as well as Pozmix® cement.
HR®-6L retarder can be used in wells with bottomhole circulating temperatures (BHCTs) between 110°F and 210°F (43°C and 99°C).
HR®-6L retarder has a slight dispersing effect on cement slurries. Otherwise, this retarder interacts well with other additives.
HR®-6L retarder can provide the following benefits:
- It overrides the gelling effect of some cements.
- This retarder can provide uniform setting curves at BHCTs between 110°F and 210°F (43°C and 99°C).
- HR®-6L retarder helps improve displacement rates at steady pressures.
- It helps extend pumping times.
- This retarder allows operators to better predict thickening times.