HR®-25 is a high-temperature retarder/ intensifier. As a stand-alone retarder, HR-25 retarder/intensifier can be used to gel cement. However, this product was primarily designed for intensifying common retarders, such as SCR-100™ retarder.
HR-25 retarder/intensifier can be used at bottomhole circulating temperatures (BHCTs) between 200°F and 400°F (93°C and 204°C). Normal retarder/intensifier concentrations are 0.5% to 2.0%.
HR-25 retarder/intensifier can provide the following benefits:
- This product is highly soluble in water. Consequently, it exhibits more uniform thickening times in the laboratory and has less effect on cement compressive-strength development, especially at the top of a long cement column.
- Can be added directly to the mixing water, or it can be dry-blended.
- Interacts well with other cement additives.
- Helps extend pumping times.
- Allows improved displacement rates at steady pressures.
- Allows operators to better predict thickening times.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) does not classify HR-25 retarder/ intensifier a as hazardous waste.