Flocele™ Lost-Circulation Cement Additive
Flocele™ lost-circulation cement additive helps control lost circulation. It consists of 3/8-in or 3/4-in cellophane flakes. It is effective at bottomhole temperatures (BHTs) between 60°F and 260°F (16°C and 127°C). Typical additive concentrations are 1/8 to 1/2 lb/sk of cement. Flocele additive is used in lightweight to normal density slurries.
Flocele additive can provide the following benefits:
- Provides excellent bridging properties to help seal off lost circulation zones
- Does not appreciably change the thickening time of the cement slurry
- Does not affect the compressive strength of the cement
- Does not chemically interfere with the cement slurry
- Biodegradable and environmentally safe