Commander™ 500 Top-Drive Cementing Head
Commander™ 500 top-drive cementing head is designed for routine land and offshore cementing operations to launch balls or darts in order to operate downhole equipment and/or facilitate cementing operations. The Commander 500 head can be configured for wireless remote control (WRC) capability using encoded radio-frequency. The remote system can also operate upper and lower safety valves.
The Commander 500 head has integral features in support of cementing and liner operations. The combined functional working parameters/ratings for the Commander 500 top-drive cementing head are 10,000 psi, 500 Imperial tons (1,000,000 lbm), and 45,000 ft-lbf makeup torque.
- DNV type and product certified
- DNV certified Baskets
- Launch balls and drill pipe darts
- Dynamic plug launch / drop plugs while flowing
- Number of chambers can be increased
- Integrated swivel design
- Remote operated 4.0-in ID Kelly valves
- Wireless remote system removes man riding
- Removes the need for personnel being raised into the derrick to operate valves
- Ability to load plugs in the field without breaking the tool apart to install the plugs