Commander™ 1000 Top-Drive Cementing Head
Commander™ 1000 top-drive cementing head is designed for offshore operations to surface launch balls or darts in order to operate subsea plug sets and associated tools. The Commander 1000 head can be configured for remote operation capability using radio-frequency. The remote system can also operate upper and lower safety valves.
Halliburton’s new modular top-drive head is designed for the next generation of offshore wells being drilled. The Commander 1000 head has integral features in support of cementing and liner operations for the most severe well construction operations and where deepwater wells are being drilled in
- Extended salt formations
- When a heavier casing/work-string is needed.
The combined functional working parameters/ratings for the Commander 1000 top-drive cementing head are 10,000 psi, 1,000 Imperial tons (2,000,000 lbm), and 75,000 ft-lbf makeup torque.
- Lloyds and DNV type and product certified
- DNV certified Baskets
- Launch balls and drill pipe darts
- Dynamic plug launch / drop plugs while flowing
- Number of chambers can be increased
- Integrated swivel design
- Remote operated 4.0-in ID Kelly valves
- Wireless remote system removes man riding
- Removes the need for personnel being raised into the derrick to operate valves
- Ability to load plugs offshore and in the basket without breaking the tool apart to install the plugs
- Designed to allow minor maintenance in the field and for improved reliability