Boots & Coots Blowout Contingency Plan (BCP) is one of the best available tools for determining what level of risk is acceptable. This exhaustive process provides the client with a detailed picture of risks associated with a blowout.
Following the completion of the BCP, the client has the option of moving forward or modifying the drilling program to further reduce risk. If the project moves forward, the BCP provides a plan to effectively deal with an event that may occur.
BCPs are custom-crafted for each situation based on data about the well. Once complete, this plan includes:
- Emergency management organization and job descriptions
- Mobilization priorities
- Initial procedures and instructions
- Pre-qualification of critical equipment, personnel, contractors and suppliers
- Data acquisition needs for site survey and files
- Safety, documentation and audits
- Emergency classifications, risks and consequences
- General intervention strategies
- Blow-out scenarios
- Specific intervention strategy
- Logistics and support