Halliburton's commitment to good corporate citizenship is a fundamental part of creating sustained value for our society, our Company, and our shareholders. Through substantial donations to charities, educational institutions and many other organizations that contribute to the well-being of communities and individuals, Halliburton assumes a global stance as a generous and engaged corporate citizen. Applying our resources in this way enables us to make a tangible difference in countless lives around the world.
In determining eligibility for making a charitable contribution, Halliburton considers proposals that meet the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization, school or educational institution, or the equivalent if an organization is located outside the U.S.
- Supports Halliburton’s focus areas of:
- Education: We contribute to our local youth through educational programs focused on energy related subjects (STEM) and literacy in both primary and secondary schools.
- Environment: We contribute to the preservation of natural resources and sustainability, and recognize the importance of conserving our environment.
- Health and Safety: We contribute to hospitals and disease-related causes, and promote healthy living among our employees and communities.
- Social Services: We contribute to enhancing the well-being of communities and neighbors, specifically alleviating hunger.
- Demonstrates sound financial management with functional expenses for the organization lower than 10 percent
- Includes measureable criteria for evaluation and results
- Directly impacts or benefits communities around the world where Halliburton has a permanent office or project site
- Demonstrates sustainability of a project or program, meaning that Halliburton is not the sole source of funding for a program or project
- Demonstrates high community impact (number of lives touched compared to total population in the community)
- Provides Halliburton employees opportunities for volunteering
All requests must be submitted through the online contributions request form to be considered.
The following requests are NOT eligible for support:
- Individual fundraising efforts
- Political organizations, labor organizations, fraternal organizations or civic clubs, and all organizations associated with, or that can potentially influence, legislation
- Religious organizations (e.g., churches or organizations directly tied to a place of worship) as determined at the sole discretion of Halliburton
- Development or production of books, films, videos, or radio or television programs
- Advertising in programs or journals unless associated with an activity, event, or funded program directly supported by Halliburton
- Youth or adult sports teams or sporting events
- School activities, clubs, events, or programs (including bands, choirs, etc.)
- School trips or transportation
NOTE: Proposals are accepted throughout the calendar year and are reviewed after the close of each quarter; however, if your organization would like to be considered in our planning for each calendar year, you must submit your request online by September 30 of the previous year.
Funding decisions are based on available resources and eligibility and at the sole discretion of the Company. The Company reserves the right to decline any application for contribution, and any charitable contributions will be at the sole discretion of the Company.