Information technology (IT) graduates are at the core of everything we do at Halliburton. Not only have they been fundamental to our ability to deliver a wide variety of powerful solutions to our customers, but they will also play a major role in our future, as we develop and deliver more high-tech solutions to increase the return on investment for exploration efforts, maximize long-term production for existing fields, and decrease the time it takes to bring a new field to production.
What you'll do
Halliburton's IT organization is large and diverse. We span the globe, covering enterprise resource planning and business systems development, wellsite engineering, data acquisition development and corporate infrastructure implementation. As such, Halliburton's IT team offers numerous and varied career opportunities for new graduates. Following are some of the responsibilities you might have in each IT group:
- Application Services – Provide application development, support, security and integration across a wide range of systems from world-class enterprise resource planning systems to specialized systems at remote wellsites.
- Architecture and Strategy – Create an overall vision for technologies in the embryonic, developing and even mature stages with a focus on data and information, network access, information security, software development and Web strategy.
- Enterprise Infrastructure – Implement the fundamental IT backbone, focusing on:
- Enterprise data center operations
- Back-office operations
- Database administration and digital consulting services
- Research and development support, enterprise management
- Security services
- Converged network operations.
- Global Services – Align closely with business needs by focusing on business process optimization and training, real-time operations and commercial IT (consulting services) support.
- Project Services and Project Management – Focus on IT portfolio management and communications with a consistent approach to change management, stakeholder communications and project reporting.
Information Technology professionals provide the business architecture, process improvements and systems to support and build upon Halliburton's internal and external IT environment.
Who we want
We're looking for people who are skilled at working on complex technical issues, effectively communicating complex information, solving problems and meeting the needs of internal customers at all levels of the organization. You should have a bachelor-level, IT-related degree in a discipline such as computer science, information management, project management, software/applications programming or various areas of engineering.